Abstract of Speeches Delivered by Chairman Ye Jianming in Several MeetingsCEFC China
Everything develops in conflicts. Where there is a need for development, there undoubtedly will be new conflicts and difficulties. If preparation for addressing difficulties is not done in advance, then development is not possible.
The most important and valuable asset to a company is its credibility. Credibility should be prioritized when it comes to interpreting the definition of “culture” or “cultural spirit”. After all, winning the trust from other people and the society brings about the strongest power.
Everything happens in both time and space. However, time and space are relative but absolute, as things change along with temporal and spatial factors. For example, conflicts of today might not be conflicts of tomorrow.
What is eternal? Only what meets the needs of the society is eternal.
Meeting one’s material requirement has only achieved the lower levels of human needs. Only by advancing human pursuit to the upper levels in the hierarchy of needs, spiritual needs, could an extravagant life be avoided.
The greatness of a man or a platform lies in its ability to converge forces. When I came up with the notion “arising with strength”, I meant to say that with all forces being applied on one point, a great cause could be achieved.
Six criteria for talent selection: benevolence, righteousness, loyalty, honesty, courage and tactic. There are different methods to assess one’s conformity with the above criteria. Offer him fortune and observe whether he knows about courtesy. Give him distinguished status and observe whether he is over-proud and arrogant. Empower him and observe whether he is dictatorial and autocratic. Entrust him with important tasks and observe whether he conceals the truth. Expose him to difficulties and danger and observe whether he is fearless and brave enough to undertake responsibility. Assign him complicated and paradoxical work and observe whether he is flexible and can improvise in any situation.
Ten wrong-doings in staffing:
1. Not able to identify talented people;
2. Not actively promote talents identified;
3. Not utilizing people promoted;
4. Not trusting people utilized;
5. Deny people’s precious virtue because of little suspicion generated in work;
6. Deny a subordinate’s contribution in the past because of his small mistakes at work;
7. Not able to see a subordinate’s merits because of his small shortcomings;
8. Hurt loyal and just people because of believing malicious slander;
9. Punish a subordinate without justifiable reasons, thus fundamental rules being breached because of dishonest talk;
10. Abandon talents because of being jealous of their ability, leading to talent drain.
There are three stages for the realization of human value. The first stage is to be self-centered: meeting one’s basic needs and working hard to survive and thrive. The second stage is to be affluent and successful: paying attention to the interaction between oneself and others; emphasizing etiquette and friendship. The last stage is to surpass oneself: heading to selflessness and supreme kindness.
On wisdom: One’s energy and spirit is the source of his wisdom, a man’s inner force. Any development will encounter predicament. Only by keeping a positive attitude in hardship could we be wise, fair and selfless, could we see through things, could we find the truth and then be in control of it, and could we prove the value and then keep it.
A collective or an organization, despite its nature and business scope, has to face a core issue which is to deal with the relationship among individuals as well as between individuals and the collective. Everyone is positioned differently and is given rights and duties accordingly. All individuals’ forces are converged to form a resultant force and ordered strength. It resembles the solar system, with Sun as its center, comprising major planets, asteroids and moons, functioning in order. All stars are interconnected and interdependent in some way, but they are also independent and not in conflicts with each other, performing functions and values on their parts respectively.
People is at the core of all business. Without talented people, every effort could be in vain. If one wants to develop a business, he needs to construct a talent pool. Without the pool, the business could not be done either.
Originally there was no road in the world, so a way has to be paved with your own efforts. There will always be bushes and rocks blocking the way ahead, but one needs to have courage and will power to combat with them.
The one who dismisses you is not your boss but yourself eventually.
Four-Dimension Harmony Culture:
1. In harmony with the heaven: Seize the opportunity bestowed by nature and follow its trend;
2. In harmony with the earth: Be knowledgeable, inclusive and tolerant, as the sea embracing hundreds of rivers;
3. In harmony with people: Treating others with righteousness and kindness;
4. In harmony with ourselves: Assume responsibility with dedication.
The development of the universe is about the development of events and objects. It involves both contradiction and unity. Occurring at a difference time may lead to a matter of correctness or falseness. Do the right thing at a right time. A right thing could be a wrong one when time changes.
Only by cultivating one’s virtue and ability, could he influence others.
Trust, the greatest value, knows no limit to its growth.
People vary in their courage, will power and tolerance, and these qualities cannot be acquired.
In Buddhism, it says that everything is nothingness. Originally, there was no concept of self to man. Me of the past is not myself any more. Me at present is the real self. That is why we have to be ourselves and make the best use of the present. What is true self? To be the true self, one has to bear in mind the following four principles.
1. Build your ambition and do not forget about benevolence while pursuing the ambition.
2. The art of war indicates that the best use of military power benefits from a smart employment of strategies; and it is believed that morality and justice should never be forgotten when using one’s wisdom and skills.
3. To develop a business requires help from many people and it is believed that moral and just people receive more help. When fame and achievement come along, do not forget about gratitude.
4. When you become successful and rich, you never forget about honesty.
“Arising with Strength and Achieving with Goodness” embodies oriental culture and Taoist spirit. What is power? In this context, power refers to attraction. Everything in the universe stems from the power. This power, or attraction, is vital to every collective. But what do people do with this power? To end in goodness and eternity. The end is also a start. Goodness encompasses great deeds and small deeds. The great goodness is a spirit reflected by serving our nation and people. We advocate serving the nation and expanding national interests by dedicating ourselves to national industry. This is our great deed and our common goal, a goal worth of a life-time pursuit. The small goodness refers to helping others to achieve while performing the great deeds, thus enabling everyone to obtain what he desires.
|Previous: Chairman Ye Jianming’s Speech at the Conference for CEFC China’s Brand and Culture Building|
|Next: Arise with Strength and Achieve with Goodness|